What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Alpharetta?
In the olden days, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You place a microphone-type device in close proximity to your child’s bed, transmitting sound to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. However, baby monitors now offer many more features. For example, many monitors now have high-definition video feeds and two-direction communications. You may even link your monitors to Wi-Fi so you are able to move around all over the house. The top baby monitors in Alpharetta are so sophisticated that they mimic indoor security cameras in both functionality and expense.
Should you switch baby monitor with a home security camera?
Since baby monitors and indoor security cameras share many of the same features, you will find numerous residents in Alpharetta integrating their child’s bedroom to their comprehensive home security package. This approach is beneficial -- especially if you have to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your surveillance system should include 1080p HD resolution, and infrared functionality for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● 2-way communications: Sometimes, you don't need to go inside the bedroom to soothe your child back to sleep. Your calming voice might be the only requirement to keep bundle of joy sleeping.
● Sensors and alerts: While it’s an option to have your monitoring device function around the clock to watch your baby sleep, your own alertness might diminish over time. But if your camera identifies unusual activity, then you can get a text alert on your phone. This is helpful when the baby silently tries to climb over the crib or if your curious cat noses into the room.
● Video recordings: The majority of baby monitors do not capture video footage. Now you have the ability to send a brief sample to friends or family members to let them see what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.
● Watch on your mobile device: As an alternative to lugging a separate device around, you can watch from your smart home mobile app. You might even touch base with your child and sitter if you’re lucky enough to have a date night.