How Does Geofencing In Alpharetta Integrate With A Home Security System?
Modern home security solutions have become more advanced by the day. Even so, it doesn't take much to neglect to complete simple security duties like arming your home security, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
What if you didn’t have to remember doing these chores again? When you implement geofencing in Alpharetta, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Alpharetta For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary around your house, which you can customize within your smartphone app. This modern home security option then tracks your cell phone to deduce when you go beyond the border and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices utilize to communicate with other connected equipment. This innovative approach aids your security system by putting all elements onto a single network. You can then draw specific boundaries around your house and program the specific actions you want to occur as you move beyond the prearranged border line.
For example, as soon as you leave your premises, you could set your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will inform your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are several of the devices you may manage with geofencing:
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices including TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home security system in Alpharetta. With the mobile app, you can do a lot with home automation. Just tap the app interface, and you can:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart devices to engage at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to signal that it's time for bed, or disarm your security alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make particular devices activate based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to activate the connected fan if the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your surveillance system senses abnormal activity outside.
● Customize scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that function in concert with each other. Make your lights switch off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with specific lighting and thermostat levels.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to enable the security system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Alpharetta
Whether you desire added certainty of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (678) 251-9195 or submit the form on this page to get started on your ideal security system.