How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Alpharetta
Home security cameras can easily be used as a deterrent—a display that notifies burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras come armed with a number of tools all tailor-made to enable all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these features enable you to utilize the most from security cameras in Alpharetta.
How To Set Up Your Alpharetta Video Surveillance For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is placing them in the best places around your house. Interior security cameras need to be placed in high traffic areas like the living room or family room. It’s also a good idea to install a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to move around to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras should provide a clear sightline of your porch, driveway, front and backyard, garage, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. Then see a view of your front door with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places within your home that aren’t quite as important to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the bedroom could hinder your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Video Surveillance
Component layout is only the foundation for utilizing the utmost out of home security cameras in Alpharetta. The features shown below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant notifications on your phone the instant abnormal motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to start capturing footage when movements are detected which will add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Set your home security cameras to record and store clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with guests through the device. With ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside or greet your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more exhaustive look at an area. Look for cameras that allow for at least 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will capture clips of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the freedom to secure specific areas within your house.. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to notify you of movement happening on your yard or your porch and overlook cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera feeds, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the detect something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Alpharetta is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system rises from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (678) 251-9195 or fill out the form below to start customizing your security system today.