How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Alpharetta
You understand you have to defend your home. After all, it’s the spot where your loved ones live and is where you have all of your belongings. But what is the right type of home protection? Determining if you should use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief considerations you must make. Explore the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Alpharetta and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home’s defense bridges to a third-party monitoring team that is ready to provide help at a moment’s notice. When an entrypoint sensor activates or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring specialists get an instant warning. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and dispatch the applicable emergency professionals.
On the contrary, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t have a backup team. You can think of this option as self-monitored, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you need to respond to get it resolved. This possibility is the cheaper alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Alpharetta
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup on your side is always wise. If you are not on site, asleep, or don’t have your cell phone, your property and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to emergencies than you can by yourself.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems may entitle you to a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Better components and seamless integration: By getting equipment, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security specialist, you will get access to a fully connected system with components that may be superior to what you will discover independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Countless people prefer to have the job done by qualified technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Must sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This stipulation will be acceptable for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Alpharetta
Here’s a brief overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t need to pay a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: Some may deem this to be a pro as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an installation fee. Other people might prefer going with a professional.
- More Flexibility: You are able to incorporate components when you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. Taking that into account, you might find incorporating into a fully connected system more challenging.
- You have complete control: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, you’re in control of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you don’t have your cell phone and don’t see a security alert? This situation will lead to added stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: As you are the only one in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Integrating the system is up to you: If you require help during an install, you may have to hire someone else. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Alpharetta
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Alpharetta from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored system is the ideal option for you. Call (678) 251-9195 today to get started.