When you’re a homeowner, one of the most menacing threats to your house and family members is the chance of fire. The U.S. Fire Administration estimated in 2019 that American homeowners underwent about $1.6 billion in losses due to unforeseen or unattended fires. The terrible truth is fires are unpredictable and are frequently preventable -- if you know where to start. And, fortunately, you are ready with a monitored fire alarm that gets you aid immediately should you undergo an incident.
What Causes House Fires In Alpharetta?
Fires can spark anywhere without notice in the house. However, you can lower the danger of a blaze if you take countermeasures around the following objects:
- Stoves and Ovens: Cooking is overwhelmingly the number 1 cause of a house fire in Alpharetta. Cooking-related fires typically start when the kitchen is left ignored while making the meal. Water used on a grease fire will expand a flame that would on the other hand be contained.
- Candles: Going to sleep in a space with a going candle is problematic, even if you’re using a recessed candle holder. The flame is more than capable of catching a curtain ablaze if left near a window, and animals can bump into candles while exploring. The National Fire Protection Association estimates that more than 7,600 homes were damaged due to candle-related incidents between 2014-2018.
- Electrical wires: Old electrical circuit interrupters, “tamper-resistant” electrical outlets, degrading or improperly installed lighting, and cut lamp cords is a big risk. Be careful not to overload your outlets or plug anything in with exposed wiring. And if you hear crackling or detect smoke from the outlet, flip the breaker off ahead of your investigation.
- Space Heaters: Avoid coiled space heaters because debris, like pet fur, paper or plastic scraps, or bed sheets can find their way in and catch fire. However, you need to make sure to check on fan and ceramic space heaters at all times when in usage.
- Cigarettes: In 2014 alone, U.S. fire departments came to more than 17,000 residence fires caused by cigars, pipes, or cigarettes. If you have tobacco products that smokes indoors, be certain they never fall asleep with a cigarette or lay in bed with one. And fully put out your cigarette before you throw it into a trash can.
A Monitored Smoke Detector Will Can Helps When It Senses A Fire
If a fire should spark, you have to have a speedy warning system to inform your spouse and children as soon as possible. An ordinary smoke alarm is adequate but is limited to alerting you if smoke is in thick clouds. A cutting-edge fire alarm -- a security device that's connected to your home security system -- is powerful enough to discover both smoke and rising temperatures and can do more to ensure your family is safe.
A monitored fire alarm has multiple it can inform you of smoke. Your alarms can inform you with an ear-piercing alarm and an alert to your smartphone. That’s when your ever-vigilant monitoring experts gets a hold of the fire department. And if you're ever somewhere in which you’re unable to get you your house when a fire starts, you can rest assured that your monitoring agent will facilitate communication between you and the fire department.
Utilize Monitored Fire Alarms From Secure24 Alarm Systems
The odds of house fires in Alpharetta should never be underestimated, but you can have peace of mind if you use a monitored fire alarm on hand. Contact Secure24 Alarm Systems, and we’ll help you get all the smoke alarms you need with a comprehensive home security system. Call (678) 251-9195 or send in the form below to get your home security system.